Yup, Avantasia puts out a new yet old cd this Tuesday (That is April 30 if you’re reading this from the future) in the US. Though It’s been almost a month since its European release. The mystery of time is the sixth album by German Opera rock/Side project/ Super group/ Yaddah Yaddah group Avantasia which has featured a Huge musicians roster from day 1 and this one in particular is no exception to the rule though some may say it is.
The tracklist itself:
2) The Watchmakers’ Dream
3) Black Orchid
4) Where Clock Hands Freeze
6) Savior in the Clockwork
7) Invoke the Machine
8) What’s Left Of Me
9) Dweller in a Dream
10) The Great Mystery
Among the special guests we can find:
(shameless Wikipedia copy-paste, keep that in mind.)
- Bruce Kulick (on tracks 3, 6, 10)
- Oliver Hartmann (on tracks 4, 7)
- Arjen Anthony Lucassen (on track 2)
- Joe Lynn Turner (former Rainbow and Yngwie Malmsteen) (on tracks 1, 2, 6, 10)
- [Boner]Michael Kiske[/Boner] (Helloween (duh), Place Vendome, Unisonic) (on tracks 4, 6, 9)
- Biff Byford (Saxon) (on tracks 3, 6, 10)
- Ronnie Atkins (Pretty Maids) (on track 7)
- Eric Martin (Mr. Big) (on track 8)
- Bob Catley (Magnum) (on track 10)
- Cloudy Yang (on track 5)
It also features the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg.
To be honest I haven’t listened this album at all, I didn’t even knew it existed. I’m an Avantasian lover, have seem them live and stuff but honestly they lost me after their third album (Which are good, go listen to them if you haven’t already, you punk!).